Awareness Workshop on IP for the Traders and Designers of Handicraft & Textile Sectors
The Department of Intellectual Property (DoIP) in collaboration with the Agency for Promotion of Indigenous Crafts (APIC) conducted one-day workshop on Intellectual Property for the traders and designers of handicraft and textile sectors on December 24, 2019 in Thimphu. The participants were beneficiaries of EU-Bhutan Trade Support project led by the APIC in collaboration with the International Trade Center. The objective of the workshop was to sensitize the participants on the importance of Intellectual Property and its registration system.
The following topics were covered during the workshop:
- Overview of the Intellectual Property System
- Trademark and its registration process
- Industrial Design and its registration process
- Importance of Industrial Design
- Patent and its registration process
- Copyright and its registration process
- Introduction to Branding/Brand
A total of 25 participants attended the workshop. The copies of DoIP’s Annual Magazine 2019 were also distributed to the participants.