Workshop on Intellectual Property for DHI Owned Companies
The Druk Holding Investment (DHI) in collaboration with Department of Intellectual Property conducted a two-day workshop on Intellectual Property (IP) Right from November 14-15, 2019 in Paro. The main objective of the workshop is to create awareness for the IP focal officials of DHI Owned Companies and other relevant agencies, with the wider view of promoting innovation and creativity.
During the workshop, the following IP subject matters were covered:
- Patent and its Registration Process,
- Use of the Technology and Innovation Support Canters (TISCs), Trademark,
- Collective Mark and Certification Mark and its Registration Process,
- Geographical Indication,
- Protection of undisclosed information as Trade Secrets,
- Industrial Design and its Registration Process,
- The Enabling the Intellectual Property (IP) Environment (EIE) Brand and Design Project,
- Copyright and its Registration Process,
- Protection of computer programs including data and apps,
- Collective Management Organization for Audio-Visual Industries,
- Licensing and Franchising of IP Assets,
- Enforcement Provisions in the IP Acts and
- National IP Policy and Components.
The copies of Department’s Annual Magazine, Brochures, Acts and Policies were distributed and TV Spots on different IP subjects were screened to the participants.